Friday, February 25, 2011

Winter Weather

During the last few days, the weather in Brevig has been the worse I have seen yet. Blowing wind and snow up to 65 mph and snow drifts five feet high.
Even with all of this, school does not close.

I woke up on Wednesday morning to take the dogs out and opened the door to this....



I decided that I would take the dogs out later.
We shoveled the stair three times and each time it was that high.

One day of school this week we had so little kids that we decided to combine the entire elementary wing. There was only about 20 kids the whole day. The weather was so bad that not many people wanted to go out in it. I don't blame them. I could barely see my hand in front of my face.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Grandma would love to come stay with you. she could play in the snow all day and not get bored. ha ha.
    That is quite the snow!!!!!!!
    Stay safe and teach the dogs to use the restroom. love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a lot of snow. What do the children do to entertain themselves? Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how deep is the snow and are you getting use to nothing but snow all the time. You are a special person to do what you are doing. God loves you and we do too.

    ReplyDelete