Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Break




Eskimo Games happen every year the week after Christmas. Chris participated in the event called Leg Wrestling.

Learning to sew!


The makings of the kuspuk. These are the cuffs and the front with the pocket. I sewed on the border and then the rickrack. I am finally making my lines straight.



It's so cold outside that there is ice on the inside of the window. I had to use a hair blow dryer to melt the ice away.


An ornament made from an Alaskan Native. They are made from seal skin and then beaded on the perimeter. These ladies make ornaments in the shape of polar bears, snowmen, reindeer, angels, and trees.


The first big snow fall of the year. The snow fell and then the wind came. The constant blow of 35 mile per hour winds for a couple days straight causes the wind to blow the snow into drifts. Most of the drifts are about five feet tall.



Eskimo Games: Leg Wrestling


4 comments:

  1. AWESOME PICTURES. THE WIND SOUNDS SO COLD.
    YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought it was cold in South Carolina. Brrrrr. I'm so proud that you are learning to sew. You are doing a great job. Looks like Chris has been leg wrestling before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog. I am happy you like it up there. I would love to visit alaska, not staying there id not for me. It takes a Iwanta person like you. In thise case i am a noiwanta

    ReplyDelete
  4. O, by the way, you got a pretty good looking husband, Hope ya'll have many many years of happiness. Come see us and we love YA

    ReplyDelete