Thursday, August 5, 2010

Anchorage Day 1 and 2





I arrived in Anchorage on time and without any problems. The flight in was beautiful even though it was raining and the clouds covered most of the ground. For the time I am in Anchorage my mission to get food and supplies to last some time in Brevig. It is crazy trying to organize a list of things that I need and things that are wants. Chocolate of course is a need in this situation.

Anchorage is full of many murals that cover the sides of buildings. These are just a few of the ones around town.

The next picture is of the Alaskan mountains. They are covered by the clouds, but are supposedly wonderful.

The last picture is of a building that is reflecting the clouds. I just thought it looked cool.

Random Facts:
-The people are called Native Alaskans, either Indians or Eskimos depending on where you are located.
-Most people buy a cooler and then take their perishable items like meat, cheese, and fresh produce on the plane with them to the bush. I have also decided to take this route. It is expensive to ship produce and perishable items to the Bush from Anchorage.
-Gas is $3.41 a gallon. This is the cheapest I have seen.
I am sure that other things will come up, but for now this is all I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment